第61題 You are waiting for the bus. Suddenly, someone pushes you. What would you say to him? 等公車時突然有人推你，你會對他說什麼？
第62題 Which subject do you like more, English or Chinese? Please explain why. 哪個科目你較喜歡，英語或國語？請解釋
第63題 How do you usually celebrate your birthday? 你通常如何慶祝生日？
第64題 You want to talk to your friend George on the phone. What will you say to the person who answers the phone? 你打電話找朋友，你會對接電話的人說什麼？
第65題 You are at a store buying something, but you want a better price. What would you say to the salesperson? 當你購物時你希望能打折，你會對店員說什麼？
第66題 A friend gives you an expensive gift that you really like. What would you say to him or her?
第67題 What are your future plans? 你的未來計畫是什麼？
第68題 You get lost trying to get to the bus station. Ask someone for directions.
第69題 You are at a hospital visiting a sick friend. What would you say when you are ready to leave?
第70題 Tell me about your parents.
1. I'd say, "Watch where you are going! You should be more careful."
- careful (adj.)小心
2. If someone pushed me, I would say, "Don't push me! If you do it again, I'll tell the bus driver."
- push (v.)推
- again (adv.)再一次
- driver (n.)司機
3. I'm very shy, so I would just say, "Excuse me." Then I would get off at the next stop.
- get off (ph.)下車
4. It happens all the time. I usually say, "Watch it, buddy!" Then I give them a mean look and they walk away.
- mean (adj.)不舒服的
5. I wouldn't say anything. I would just ignore them and hope that they went away. Or I would move to a different seat.
- ignore (v.)無視
- different (adj.)不同的
- seat (n.)座位
1. I like English more than Chinese. It is fun to learn a new language. And my English teacher is very cool.
- language (n.)語言
2. I like Chinese more. English is too hard for me. I think Chinese is much easier because I already speak it.
- hard (adj.)困難
3. English is the subject I like more. My Chinese teacher always gives me too much homework and she is really mean.
- subject (n.)科目
4. I don't like either of them. There are too many grammar rules in both of them. I don't care if I speak correctly or not!
- grammar (n.)文法
- rule (n.)規則
- correctly (adv.)正確地
5. I like Chinese more than English because it is easier for me. As well, my Chinese teacher is very nice to me.
- as well (ph.)也
1. On my birthday, I will go to the KTV and have a party with my friends. We will eat snacks, drink soda and sing all night long.
- party (n.)宴會
- snack (n.)點心
- soda (n.)汽水
2. I hope to go out for dinner on my birthday. I want to try the new hot pot restaurant in Beido. I hear that it is very good.
- hot pot (n.)火鍋
- restaurant (n.)餐廳
3. I probably won't do anything. I usually don't celebrate my birthday. It is just another day to me.
- celebrate (v.)慶祝
- another (adj.)另一個....
4. I'm thinking about inviting all my friends over for a big party. We can play X-Box games or watch a movie. Hopefully, they can sleep over, too.
- invite (v.)邀請
- hopefully (adv.)希望地
5. On my birthday, my mother will cook a special meal for me. She usually invites all our relatives to join us. We will probably play card games after dinner.
- special (adj.)特別的
- relativ (n.)親戚
- join (v.)加入
1. I would say, "Good afternoon. This is Bob. Can I talk to George, please?"
2. I'd say, "Hello. Is George there? I'd like to speak with him, please."
3. I might say, "Hello, there. I'm George's friend, Tony. Is he in at the moment?"
- moment (n.)時刻
4. I would say, "Yes. Hello, sir. May I speak with George for a moment?"
5. I'd politely say, "This is Kevin calling. Is George there, please?"
- politely (adv.)有禮貌地
1. I'd say, "This is a little too expensive. Can you give me a discount?"
- expensive (adj.)昂貴的
- discount (n.)折扣
2. I would ask, "Is this your best price or can you do better?"
- price (n.)價格
3. I might say, "If you can knock off a few dollars, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I won't."
- knock off (v.)減去
- Otherwise (adv.)否則
4. I would say, "I'd like to buy this. Can you give me a deal on it?"
- deal (n.)約定
5. I would probably say, "This was cheaper at another store. Can you beat their price?"
- beat (v.)打敗
1. I'd probably say, "OH! You shouldn't have." Then I'd give them a big hug and a kiss.
- hug (n.)擁抱
2. I might say, "I have always wanted one of these! How did you know? You are the best friend ever."
3. I'd say, "I can't accept this. I appreciate the thought, but it's far too expensive."
- accept (v.)接受
- appreciate (v.)感謝
- expensive (adj.)昂貴的
4. I would say, "Wow! This is awesome. This is the best gift ever. How will I ever make it up to you?"
- awesome (adj.)很棒的
- make up (ph.)補償
5. I would shout, "Thank you so much. I can't believe you bought this for me. It's perfect."
- shout (v.)大喊
- believe (v.)相信
- perfect (adj.)完美的
1. I plan to go to university. I want to be a teacher. That has always been my dream.
- university (n.)大學
- dream (n.)夢想
2. I want to be a nurse. I think I would be a great one because I am very patient and kind.
- patient (adj.)有耐心的
3. I'm not sure, yet. I need a few more years to think about it. I don't want to worry about my future right now.
- future (n.)未來
4. After I finish school, I want to travel around the world. I want to learn about different cultures. Then I'll think about a career.
- career (n.)職業
5.I would like to get married and have lots of children. Family is important to me.
- get married (ph.)結婚
- important (adj.)重要的
1. Excuse me. I'm lost. How do you get to the bus station?
2. I hate to bother you, but I'm lost. Which direction is the bus station?
- bother (v.)麻煩、打擾
- direction (n.)方向
3. Sorry to bother you. Can you give me directions to the bus station?
4. Pardon me, sir. I don't know where I am. Where is the bus station from here?
5. Excuse me, Miss. I can't find the bus station. Do you know where it is?
1. I will say, "I hope you feel better soon. Let me know if you need anything, okay?"
- better (adv.) 更好地
2. I might say, "Take care of yourself. Everyone at school is thinking of you."
- take care of 照顧
3. I would say, "I'll come and visit you again tomorrow. Hopefully, you are feeling better by then."
- visit 拜訪
- again 再一次
4. I'd probably say, "Get lots of rest. I hope you get out of here soon."
- rest 休息
- get out of 離開
5. I would caringly say, "I hate to see you like this. Get well soon, okay?"
1. My mom is a very understanding person. I go to her with all my problems. My father is very hard-working. All he thinks about is work.
- understanding 善解人意
2. I have the best parents in the world. They are both caring and loving. They are also very supportive of me.
- supportive 支持的
3. My parents are good, honest people. My father works hard to support the family. He makes the money, but my mom takes care of everything else.
- honest 誠實的
4. Well, my father is firm and strict. He makes all the rules at home. My mom is more forgiving than him. They make a good pair.
- firm 固執
- forgiving 寬容
5. I think my parents are typical parents. They want me to get good grades and study hard, just like most parents.
- typical 典型的