第31題 When do you wash your face? 你何時洗臉呢？
第32題 Where are you going this weekend? What will you do there? 這週末你將去哪？你將在那裡做什麼？
第33題 Where do you usually go shopping? 你通常去哪購物呢？
第34題 Where is Kaohsiung? Is it far from your home? 高雄在哪？離你家遠嗎？
第35題 Which season do you like the best? Why? 你最喜愛的季節？為什麼？
第36題 Your friend is speaking too quickly. What would you say to him? 當你的朋友講話太快了，你會對他說什麼？
第37題 There is going to be an exhibit at the museum. 美術館即將舉辦展覽，你會詢問什麼？
第38題 How much time do you usually spend eating breakfast in the morning? 通常你會花多少時間吃早餐？
第39題 A person calls one phone and wants to talk to your sister but she is not at home. 有人打電話找你的妹妹但她不在
第40題 There is a dog following you from school. What will you do? 放學時有隻狗跟著你，你將怎麼做？
No. 31 When do you wash your face? 你何時洗臉呢？
1. I wash my face after I get up and before I go to bed. My mom always has to remind me to wash it, or I will forget.
get up (ph.) 起床
2. I wash it before and after every meal. I don’t like eating with a dirty face. I think it is disgusting.
dirty (adj.) 骯髒的
disgusting (adj.) 令人作嘔的
3. I wash my face whenever it is dirty. I usually wash it several times a day. I don’t like having a dirty face.
whenever (conj.) 每當
several (adj.) 數個的
4. I wash my face when I feel hot and sweaty. It feels nice and cools me off. I use really cold water.
sweaty (adj.) 滿身是汗的
5. I wash my face in the morning and in the evening. I use lots of soap and water so that it is squeaky clean.
soap (n.) 香皂
squeaky clean (ph.) 純淨的; 無瑕疵的
No. 32 Where are you going this weekend? What will you do there? 這週末你將去哪？你將在那裡做什麼？
1. I’m going to go to Taichung this weekend with my mother. We will go shopping for new clothes. I’m hoping to buy a new pair of basketball shoes.
pair (n.) 雙;對
2. This weekend I will go to Yuanlin with my friends. There is a new movie playing at the theater that we want to see.
theater (n.) 電影院
3. I am going to go to visit my aunt and uncle in Beidou this Saturday. They invited me to come and stay with them. They will probably take me out for dinner at a nice restaurant.
probably (adv.) 大概
4. I will go to the mountains in Nantou. My father and I are going to ride our bikes through the mountains. We often go cycling in our free time.
mountain (n.) 山
go cycling (ph.) 騎腳踏車
No. 33 Where do you usually go shopping? 你通常去哪購物呢？
1. I usually go shopping in Taichung. There are many department stores and malls there. My favorite mall is Tiger City.
go shopping(ph.) 購物
department store (ph.) 百貨公司
mall (n.) 購物中心
2. I often shop at RT-Mart. It is a big department store. I can buy everything I need there and it is not far from my house.
RT-Mart (n.) 大潤發
3. I like to go shopping on Guan Ming street in Yuanlin. There are lots of little clothing shops there. It is fun to go to the different stores.
4. When I go shopping, I usually go to the night market. You can find lots of deals there. It has games to play, too.
night market (ph.) 夜市
deal (n.) 特價商品
5. I don’t often go shopping. When I do, I like to shop close to home. There are a few stores around my neighborhood where I can get what I need.
No. 34 Where is Kaohsiung? Is it far from your home? 高雄在哪？離你家遠嗎？
1. Kaohsiung is a large city in southern Taiwan. I live in central Taiwan, so it is quite far.
southern (adj.) 南方的
central (adj.) 中心的
2. Kaohsiung is in the south of Taiwan and I am in the north. It is very far from my hometown.
3. Kaohsiung is north of where I live. It is only about 30 minutes by bus—not too far.
4. I think Kaohsiung is east of here. I live in south-west Taiwan about an hour away by car. It isn’t too far for me.
5. I believe Kaohsiung is located in southern Taiwan. I live on the west coast in central Taiwan. It is about 4 hours away by car.
locate (v.) 座落於
coast (n.) 海岸
No. 35 Which season do you like the best? Why? 你最喜愛的季節？為什麼？
1. I like spring the best. The flowers start to grow and all the trees become very green at this time. Birds start making nests, too.
spring (n.) 春天
grow (v.) 成長
nest (n.) 巢
2. My favorite season is summer. This is because it is time for summer vacation and I don’t have to wake up early. Also, I love the heat.
season (n.) 季節
summer vacation (ph.) 暑假
heat (n.) 高溫
3. Fall is the best season. It is cool at this time. I really don’t like the heat. It makes me sweat too much.
fall (n.) 秋天
sweat (v.) 流汗
4. I think winter is the best season. I enjoy winter the most because the weather is cool and
dry. It is also when Chinese New Year’s vacation comes.
winter (n.) 冬天
weather (n.) 天氣
Chinese New Year (ph.) 農曆新年
5. I like summer the best because it is a good time to hang out at the beach. I often go there and swim during the summer months. It is one of my favorite things to do.
hang out (ph.) 消磨時間
beach (n.) 海灘
swim (v.) 游泳
during (prep.) 在……的期間
No. 36 Your friend is speaking too quickly. What would you say to him? 當你的朋友講話太快了，你會對他說什麼？
1. I would say, “Slow down. You’re speaking too quickly. Could you speak slower, please?”
slow down (ph.) 減慢
2. I’d ask, “Can you speak more slowly, please? You are talking too fast. I can’t understand you.”
understand (v.) 理解
3. I would say, “Pardon me, but you are talking too fast. Could you slow down so that I can understand?”
pardon (v.) 原諒
4. I’d say, “Excuse me. Could you speak slowly? My English isn’t very good.”
excuse (v.) 原諒
5. I would ask, “Could you repeat that slowly? I can’t understand when you are speaking so fast.”
repeat (v.) 重複
No. 37 There is going to be an exhibit at the museum. 美術館即將舉辦展覽，你會詢問什麼？
1. Hi. I’m calling about the exhibit at the museum. What is it about? When does it start? How much does it cost?
cost (v.) 花費
2. Hello. I’m Joe Li. I have a few questions about the upcoming exhibit. Can you tell me what it’s about? When is opening day? What is the price of admission?
upcoming (adj.) 即將來臨的
opening (adj.) 開始的
price (n.) 價格
admission (n.) 入場費、門票
3. Good afternoon. I’d like to ask you about your exhibit. What will it feature? When will it end? What hours are you open?
feature (v.) 以…為主
end (v.) 結束
4. Hi. Can I ask you about the new exhibit? I’d like to know what it’s all about? How long will it be there for? How much are tickets?
ticket (n.) 門票
5. Sorry to bother you, but I have a couple of questions. What is the new exhibit about? Will it be there long? Is there a discount for students?
a couple of (ph.) 幾個、兩個
discount (n.) 優惠、折扣
No. 38 How much time do you usually spend eating breakfast in the morning? 通常你會花多少時間吃早餐？
1. I don’t spend too much time eating breakfast. Probably about 10 minutes or so.
spend (v.) 花(錢、時間、精力)
2. I spend around 15 minutes eating breakfast. Then I have to rush to school.
rush (v.) 衝、奔
3. I would guess about 5 minutes. I eat very quickly because I usually wake up late.
guess (v.) 猜測、推測
because (conj.) 因為
wake up (v.) 醒來
4. I spend between 20 and 30 minutes eating breakfast. I like to take my time and enjoy the food.
between (prep.) 介於…的兩者之間
enjoy (v.) 享受
food (n.) 食物
5. I don’t spend much time at all eating breakfast. I can finish my breakfast in less than 5 minutes.
finish (v.) 完成
less (adj.) 較少的
than (conj.) 比較
No. 39 A person calls one phone and wants to talk to your sister but she is not at home. 有人打電話找你的妹妹但她不在
1. I’d probably say, “Could you call back later? She isn’t here right now.”
later (adv.) 較晚地、更晚地
right now (ph.) 現在
2. I might say, “I’m sorry, but she is out. Can I take a message?”
message (n.) 訊息
3. I would say, “She’s not at home at the moment. Would you care to leave a message?”
moment (n.) 瞬間、片刻
4. I would say something like, “My sister isn’t here right now. Call back in about 30 minutes.”
something (代名詞) 某物、某事、某種東西
call back (ph.) 回電
5. I’d say, “She hasn’t come home, yet. If I could take your name, I’ll tell her that you called.”
not….yet (ph.) 還沒、尚未
No. 40 There is a dog following you from school. What will you do? 放學時有隻狗跟著你，你將怎麼做？
1. I would shout loudly and try to scare it away. I don’t like dogs. They frighten me.
shout (v.) 呼喊、喊叫
scare (v.) 驚嚇、使恐懼
dog (n.) 狗
frighten (v.) 使害怕、使驚嚇
2. I would stop and pet the dog. If it was friendly and clean, I might take it home.
pet (v.) 撫摸
friendly (adj.) 友好的、親切的
clean (adj.) 乾淨的
3. I would run really fast and try to lose the dog. Then I would hide behind a tree.
run (v.) 奔跑
fast (adv.) 快速地
lose (v.) 擺脫
hide (v.) 躲藏
behind (prep.) 在…的後面
tree (n.) 樹
4. I would see if the dog has a tag. If it does, I would call the owner and tell him to come and get it.
tag (n.) 標籤、名牌
owner (n.) 物主
5. I am scared of dogs, I would probably scream and hope that someone came to save me.
scared (adj.) 恐懼的
probably (adv.) 大概、或許
scream (v.) 尖叫、放聲大哭
save (v.) 救、挽救