第11題 Do you play baseball? Why or why not?你打棒球嗎？為什麼或為何不？
第12題 What kind of music do you like the best? Why?你最喜歡什麼類型的音樂？為什麼？
第13題 Where were you born?你的出生地在哪？
第14題 Who is the most unforgettable person in your life? 生命中最難忘的人？
第15題 What is the last movie you watched? 最近看過哪一部電影？
第16題 Who is your best friend? What is he or she like? 誰是你最好的朋友？他或她是怎樣的人呢？
第17題 What holiday is your favorite? Why? 你最喜歡的節日？為什麼？
第18題 Where do your grandparents live?你的祖父母住哪？
第19題 What are you wearing today? 你今天穿什麼呢？
第20題 How often do you watch TV? What do you usually watch?你多久看一次電視嗎？你通常看什麼？
No. 11 Do you play baseball? Why or why not?你打棒球嗎？為什麼或為何不？
1. Yes, I do. It is my favorite sport. I have played since I was 8 years old. It is so much fun to play.
sport (n.) 運動
2. No, I don't. I don't have time to play baseball. I am too busy to play. Maybe I would try it if I had more time.
baseball (n.) 棒球
maybe (adv.) 或許
3. Yes, I play baseball. I play on a team in Tienwei with some of my friends. We practice twice a week. I like hitting the ball.
team (n.) 隊
practice (v.) 練習
twice (adv.) 兩次
hit (v.) 打
4. No, I don't play baseball. I don't like sports. I think they are boring and a little dangerous. I would rather play computer games.
dangerous (adj.) 危險的
would rather (adv.) 寧願
5. Yes, I do play baseball. I love playing it. It is a very exciting game. I want to be a professional baseball player when I am older.
exciting (adj.) 令人興奮的
game (n.) 運動
professional (adj.) 職業性的
No. 12 What kind of music do you like the best? Why?你最喜歡什麼類型的音樂？為什麼？
1. I like dance music the best because I love to dance. I feel great when I dance. It is also a good way to stay in shape.
dance (v.) 跳舞
stay in shape 保持身材
2. Rock and Roll is my favorite kind of music. The sound of an electric guitar is awesome. I like to listen to it when I ride the bus.
Rock and Roll (n.) 搖滾樂
electric (adj.) 電的
awesome (adj.) 棒極的
3. I like rap the best. It has a cool sound. It is really different from other kinds of music. I also like the way rappers dress.
different from (ph.) 不同於
dress (v.) 穿著
4. Classical music is my favorite kind of music. I find it relaxing. It helps me to concentrate when I study, too.
classical music (ph.) 古典樂
relaxing (adj.) 令人放鬆的
concentrate (v.) 專注
5. I like pop music more than anything else. It makes me forget about my problems for a while. I always listen to it on my mp3 player.
pop music (ph.) 流行樂
problem (n.) 煩惱;問題
for a while (ph.) 暫時
No. 13 Where were you born?你的出生地在哪？
1. I was born in a hospital in Taichung in 2001. My mom says that I was a very happy baby and that I was always smiling.
hospital (n.) 醫院
2. I was born in Taipei on March 14th, 1999. I was very small and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks.
3. I was born at the local hospital in 2005. I came 3 weeks before I was supposed to. My parents were very surprised.
local (adj.) 當地的
be supposed to (ph.) 應該
parent (n.) 父母（其中一方）
4. I was born in Yuanlin in 2010. My mother tells me that I cried a lot when I was a baby. She had many sleepless nights because of me.
sleepless (adj.) 失眠的
night (n.) 夜晚
because of (ph.)由於
5. I was born in the Changhua County Hospital. It was 2002. I was the first child born in my family, so my parents were very proud.
proud (adj.) 光榮的;驕傲的
No. 14 Who is the most unforgettable person in your life? 生命中最難忘的人？
1. My grandmother is the most unforgettable person in my life. She is the kindest person that I have ever known. I could never forget her.
unforgettable (adj.) 難忘的
2. The most unforgettable person in my life is Mr. Black. He taught me Chinese in grade 4. I will always remember how nice he was to me.
remember (v.) 記得
3. My uncle Joe is the most unforgettable person in my life. He always gives me advice when I am having trouble. I don't know what I would do without him.
uncle (n.) 伯父；叔父；姑父；姨丈；舅舅
advice (n.) 忠告
trouble (n.) 麻煩
without (prep.) 沒有
4. That would have to be my neighbor, Mrs. Li. She is always cooking and bringing food over for my family. I will never forget her kindness.
neighbor (n.) 鄰居
kindness (n.) 仁慈
5. The most unforgettable person in my life is my mother. She is the greatest mother ever. She is like a best friend to me. I can't imagine the world without her.
imagine (v.) 想像
world (n.) 世界
No. 15 What is the last movie you watched? 最近看過哪一部電影？
1. The last movie I watched was Twilight 3. It was a horror movie about vampires and werewolves. I liked it a lot, but my younger brother didn’t.
horror movie (ph.) 恐怖片
vampire (n.) 吸血鬼
werewolf (n.) 狼人
2. Madagascar was the last movie I saw. It was really funny. I would like to watch it again.
3. I saw Ice Age at a theater in Taichung last weekend. I went to see it with my parents. I thought it was ok.
theater (n.) 劇院; 電影院
4. My friends and I went to see Saw this summer. It was so scary that I screamed a few times. I will never watch another horror movie again.
scary (adj.) 可怕的
scream (v.) 尖叫
5. My mother rented Marley and Me a while ago. It was a comedy about a family and a big dog. I didn’t like the end of the movie because the dog died.
rent (v.) 租
comedy (n.) 喜劇片
6. I watched a romantic movie called You are the Apple of my Eye. It was a love story about senior high school students in Taiwan. Many people liked it, but I thought it was really boring.
romantic (adj.) 浪漫的
No. 16 Who is your best friend? What is he or she like? 誰是你最好的朋友？他或她是怎樣的人呢？
1. My best friend is Tom. He is very helpful. He always helps me with my homework if I have trouble. He is a great helper because he is very smart.
helpful (adj.) 有幫助的; 樂於助人的
trouble (n.) 麻煩
helper (n.) 幫手
smart (adj.) 聰明的
2. Mary is my best friend. We have been friends for 5 years. She is really outgoing and friendly. Everybody likes her.
outgoing (adj.) 外向的
friendly (adj.) 親切的; 友善的
3. Joe is the best friend that I have ever had. I have known him since grade 3. We are great friends because we like the same things.
grade (n.) 年級
4. My best friend is my mom because she treats me well. I tell her all my problems and she always listens. She is very thoughtful.
treat (v.) 對待
problem (n.) 煩惱
thoughtful (adj.) 體貼的
5. Mike has been my best friend since elementary school. I like him because he is cool and popular. We spend lots of time together after school.
popular (adj.) 受歡迎的
No. 17 What holiday is your favorite? Why? 你最喜歡的節日？為什麼？
1. The Moon Festival is my favorite holiday. I enjoy getting together with my family and having a barbeque. Also, I love eating mooncakes and staring at the moon.
Moon Festival (ph.) 中秋節
barbeque (n.) 烤肉
stare (v.) 凝視
2. My favorite holiday is the Dragon Boat Festival. Every year I go to watch the dragon boat races. They are quite exciting to see. I hope to join the races one day.
Dragon Boat Festival (ph.) 端午節
dragon (n.) 龍
race (n.) 競賽
3. Chinese New Year is the best holiday because I get a break from school. During this time, I like to sleep in every day. Getting a red envelope is pretty cool, too.
Chinese New Year (ph.) 中國農曆新年
sleep in (ph.) 睡到很晚
red envelope (ph.) 紅包
4. I like Chinese New Year more than all the other holidays. All my relatives come to visit and bring gifts. The best part of all is that I get a RED ENVELOPE! Then I can go shopping.
relative (n.) 親戚
5. I like any holiday when I don't have to go to school. I guess that Chinese New Year is the best because I get the most time off from school. It is also a good holiday because I can spend time with my family.
No. 18 Where do your grandparents live?你的祖父母住哪？
1. My grandparents live in Yuanlin. I go to visit them every Sunday. Sometimes I stay with them for a few days. I really like that.
2. My grandparents live with me and my family in Tienwei. It is nice because my parents are very busy, so my grandparents help look after me.
look after (ph.) 照顧
3. My grandparents live in Taipei with my uncle. I don't get to see them very much because they are far away. I wish they lived closer.
uncle (n.) 伯父；叔父；姑父；姨丈；舅舅
far away (ph.) 遙遠
4. My grandparents live in Nantou. They have a beautiful house in the mountains there. My family and I go to see them as often as we can.
mountain (n.) 山
as … as one can (ph.) 盡可能…
5. My grandparents live upstairs in our house. I am very close to them. My dad says they spoil me, but I don't think so.
upstairs (adv.) 樓上的
close (adj.) 親密的
spoil (v.) 寵壞
No. 19 What are you wearing today? 你今天穿什麼呢？
1. I'm wearing my school uniform. The shirt is yellow and green and the shorts are green. I also have a hat to go with it.
wear (v.) 穿著
uniform (n.) 制服
2. Today I am wearing my favorite blue T-shirt, a pair of jeans and white sneakers. They are very comfortable.
jeans (n.) 牛仔褲
sneakers (n.) 運動鞋
comfortable (adj.) 舒適的
3. I am wearing a striped shirt, black pants and matching black shoes. I just bought this shirt last week.
striped (adj.) 有條紋的
pants (n.) 褲子
match (v.) 相配
shirt (n.) 襯衫
4. I have on sandals, basketball shorts and a light T-shirt. I dressed this way because it is hot out today.
sandal (n.) 涼鞋
shorts (n.) 寬鬆運動短褲
light (adj.) 淺色的
dress (v.) 穿
because (conj.) 因為
5. I am wearing a grey sweater, a plaid skirt and red shoes. My mom made me wear this outfit. I think it looks terrible.
grey (adj.) 灰色的
sweater (n.) 毛衣
plaid (adj.) 有格子圖案的
outfit (n.) 全套服裝
terrible (adj.) 很糟糕的
No. 20 How often do you watch TV? What do you usually watch?你多久看一次電視嗎？你通常看什麼？
1. I watch TV almost every day. I usually watch the news when I get home from school to catch up on current events.
catch up on (ph.) 掌握最新動態
current (adj.) 目前的
event (n.) 事件
2. I rarely watch TV because I am too busy. When I do watch it, I like to watch cartoons like Sponge Bob.
rarely (adv.) 很少
cartoon (n.) 卡通節目
3. I usually watch TV 3 or 4 times a week. Game shows are my favorite kind of show. My father and I watch them together.
game show (ph.) 遊戲節目
4. I only watch TV on Sunday morning. It is the only time that I am allowed. I usually watch nature programs.
allow (v.) 允許
nature (n.) 自然
program (n.) 節目
5. I watch television about twice a week. I usually watch horror movies on HBO. To make it scarier, I turn off the lights and watch them in the dark.
horror movie (ph.) 恐怖片
scary (adj.) 可怕的