第1題 How do you spell your first name? 怎麼拼你的名字？
第2題 Do you go to restaurants? Why or why not?你常去餐廳用餐嗎？為什麼或為何不去？
第3題 Do you like to travel? Why or why not? 你喜歡旅遊嗎？為什麼或為何不喜歡？
第4題 What do you do for fun? 你喜歡的娛樂是什麼？
第5題 What TV show do you like to watch the most? Why?你最喜歡的電視節目是什麼？
第6題 How many people are there in your family? 你家中有幾個成員呢？
第7題 Do you enjoy fast food? Why or why not?你喜愛速食嗎？為什麼或為何不？
第8題 Do you like going shopping? Why or why not?你喜歡購物嗎？為什麼或為何不？
第9題 When is your birthday? 你的生日是什麼時候？
第10題 What did you do last night?你昨晚做了什麼？
No. 01 How do you spell your first name? 怎麼拼你的名字？
1. It is spelled H-A-R-R-Y.
- spell (v.) 拼字
3. I spell it T-O-M.
4. My first name is spelled C-H-R-I-S.
5. J-O-H-N is how it is spelled.
No2. Do you go to restaurants? Why or why not?你常去餐廳用餐嗎？為什麼或為何不去？
1. Yes, I often go to restaurants. My mom works and doesn’t have time to cook, so my family eats out every day.
- eat out (ph.) 外食
2. No, I don’t go to restaurants. I think they are too expensive. I would rather cook at home and save my money.
- expensive (adj.) 昂貴的
- would rather (ph.) 寧願
- save (v.) 節省
3. Yes, I do go to restaurants, but not very often because I am too busy. I only go on special occasions like birthdays and holidays.
- special (adj.) 特殊的
- occasion (n.) 時刻；場合
- holiday (n.) 假日
4. No, I don’t go to restaurants. My grandma cooks for me every day, so I always eat at home. Her cooking is much better than any restaurant food.
5. Yes, I love going to restaurants. I like going to them because there are many dishes to choose from. I enjoy trying new dishes every time I go.
- dish (n.) 菜餚
- choose (v.) 選擇
No. 3 Do you like to travel? Why or why not? 你喜歡旅遊嗎？為什麼或為何不喜歡？
1. I like traveling a lot. It is fun to go to new places and learn new things. It's also a good way to meet new friends.
2. I don't like to travel. I think it is boring and too expensive. Watching travel shows on TV is good enough for me.
- expensive (adj.) 昂貴的
3. Yes, I like to travel. It is a good way to explore the world. I want to travel to many different countries.
- explore (v.) 探索
- different (adj.) 不同的
- country (n.) 國家
4. I hate traveling. I don't like sitting on buses and airplanes. It makes me feel sick.
- airplane (n.) 飛機
- sick (adj.) 噁心的; 想嘔吐的
5. Yes, I do. It is interesting to learn about new cultures. I also like trying new kinds of food in different places.
- culture (n.) 文化
No. 4 What do you do for fun? 你喜歡的娛樂是什麼？
1. I like playing computer games. I play them almost every day. I think they are lots of fun.
- computer (n.) 電腦
- almost (adv.) 幾乎
- lots of (ph.) 許多
2. I like to go hiking in the mountains for fun. It is a good way to spend time outside and learn about nature. It is also good exercise.
- go hiking (ph.) 健行
- mountain (n.) 山
- spend (v.) 度過
- nature (n.) 自然
- exercise (n.) 運動
3. I play basketball for fun. It is my favorite sport. I enjoy playing it with my friends. I play every day after school.
- basketball (n.) 籃球
- favorite (adj.) 最喜愛的
- enjoy (v.) 喜愛
- after school (ph.) 放學後
4. For fun, I like reading novels. A lot of students think it is boring, but not me. I would rather read than waste my time on things like computer games.
- novel (n.) 小說
- boring (adj.) 乏味的
- would rather...than… (ph.) 寧願...而不...
- waste (v.) 浪費
5. My favorite thing to do for fun is to go shopping. I go shopping with my friends every Sunday. We usually go to Yuanlin or Taijhong to shop.
- go shopping (ph.) 購物; 逛街
No.5 What TV show do you like to watch the most? Why?你最喜歡的電視節目是什麼？
1. I like watching cartoons the most. They are funny. I watch them every Sunday morning. My favorite cartoon is One Piece.
- cartoon (n.) 卡通
- One Piece （卡通）航海王
2. I like to watch soap operas. They are very entertaining. I look forward to watching them every day. My mom usually watches them with me because she likes them too.
- soap opera (ph.) 連續劇
- entertaining (adj.) 娛樂的
- look forward to (ph.) 期待
3. I like watching basketball on TV the most. My favorite team is the Bulls. I try to watch every game on TV. Some days I hurry home from school just to watch them play.
- the Bulls (n.) 公牛隊
- hurry(v.) 趕
4. I watch detective shows like CSI. It is interesting to see how the police solve crimes and catch criminals. Maybe I will be a detective one day.
- CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) 犯罪現場調查
- detective (n.) 偵探
- solve (v.) 解決
- crime (v.) 犯罪
- criminal (n.) 罪犯
5. I like to watch the news as often as possible. I think it is important to know what is going on in my country. I learn something new every time I watch it.
- as … as possible (ph.) 盡可能…
- important (adj.) 重要的
- country (n.) 國家
No.6 How many people are there in your family? 你家中有幾個成員呢？
1. There are 5 people in my family. Along with my parents, I have 2 older sisters and a younger brother.
- along with (ph.) 除了...之外
- parent (n.) 雙親
2. There are only 3 people in my family. I am an only child. I wish that I had a baby brother.
- child (n.) 小孩
3. There are 4 members in my family. I have 1 brother. He is 4 years older than me.
- member (n.) 成員
4. I have a big family with 8 members. My parents had 6 children. All my brothers and sisters are older than me. I am the youngest.
- children (n.) child的複數
5. There are 5 people in my family, including my parents. I have 2 brothers. One is older and one is younger than me. I am the middle child.
- including (prep.) 包括
- middle child (ph.) 出生排行在中間的小孩
No7. Do you enjoy fast food? Why or why not?你喜愛速食嗎？為什麼或為何不？
1. Yes, I love fast food. It is very convenient. I can stop, eat and go in about 15 minutes.
- fast food (ph.) 速食
- convenient (adj.) 便利的
- minute (n.) 分鐘
2. No, I don't like fast food at all. Most fast food is high in fat, so it isn't good for you. I prefer to eat healthy food.
- not at all (ph.) 一點都不
- healthy (adj.) 健康的
3. Yes, I enjoy fast food, but only as a treat. It isn't very healthy, so I only eat it once in a while, like on my birthday.
- treat (n.) 點心
- once in a while (ph.) 偶爾
4. I don't like fast food. I wouldn't even feed it to my dog. It is full of unhealthy preservatives. Fresh food is much healthier.
- feed (v.) 餵
- unhealthy (adj.) 不健康的
- preservative (n.) 防腐劑
- fresh (adj.) 新鮮的
5. Fast food is my favorite kind of food. I think it is delicious. I would eat it every day if I could.
- delicious (adj.) 美味的
No.8 Do you like going shopping? Why or why not?你喜歡購物嗎？為什麼或為何不？
1. Yes, I really enjoy going shopping. My friends and I go every weekend. We always have a good time doing it.
2. I hate shopping. The stores near my house are always too busy and I don't like crowds.
- store (n.) 商店
- crowd (n.) 群眾
3. Shopping is the best thing ever! I would spend all my time shopping if I were rich. I especially like finding bargains.
- especially (adv.) 特別地
- bargain (n.) 物超所值的物品
4. I have never liked shopping. It's probably because I'm cheap and like to save my money. I only go shopping if I have to.
- probably (adv.) 或許
- cheap (adj.) 小氣的;捨不得花錢的
5. Yes, I love it. There is nothing better than shopping for new clothes. I feel like a model when I try on different outfits.
- model (n.) 模特兒
- different (adj.) 不同的
- outfit (n.) 服裝
No. 09 When is your birthday? 你的生日是什麼時候？
1. It's on March 26th. I usually have a small party and invite my friends.
- March (n.) 三月
- invite (v.) 邀請
2. My birthday is April 21st. My grandparents often come to visit that day. Sometimes they give me a birthday card with money in it.
- April (n.) 四月
- grandparent (n.) 祖父母
- sometimes (adv.) 有時
- birthday (n.) 生日
3. My birthday is coming up next month. It's on the 8th of October. My sister is going to take me shopping that day.
- October (n.) 十月
4. It's on the 19th of February. My mom always makes me a birthday cake and puts candles on it. Then I blow out the candles and make a wish.
- February (n.) 二月
- candle (n.) 蠟燭
- blow out (ph.) 吹熄
5. It was on the 23rd of last month. My parents took me out for dinner to celebrate. They even gave me a gift.
- celebrate (v.) 慶祝
No.10 What did you do last night?你昨晚做了什麼？
1. I stayed at home and studied for an upcoming math test. I studied for about 3 hours and then I went to bed. I hope that I pass the test.
- upcoming (adj.) 即將來臨的
- math (n.) 數學
2. I went to Taijhong to see a movie with my friends. After the movie, we went out for pizza. Then we took the train home.
- movie (n.) 電影
- pizza (n.) 披薩
3. Last night, I went to visit my grandmother. I often go to see her when I have free time. She is always happy to see me.
- visit (v.) 拜訪
- grandmother (n.) 祖母
- free time (ph.) 空閒時間
4. I watched the game show on TV with my family and I read a book until I fell asleep.
- fall asleep (ph.) 睡著
- asleep (adj.) 睡著的
5. My friend came over to see me last night. We stayed up late talking about school and watching TV.
- stay up (ph.) 熬夜