Book 1 (1-10)

第1集 飲水機 (Drinking Fountain)

1. You can use the drinking fountain to get a drink of hot water or cold water. 

   你可以使用飲水機來喝熱水或是冷水。

2. If you want cold water, put your cup here. 

   如果你要冷水,把你的杯子放在這裡。

3. Push the blue button. 

   按藍色的按鈕。

4. If you want hot water, place the cup here. 

   如果你要熱水,把你的杯子放在這裡。

5. Push the red button. 

   按紅色的按鈕。

第2集 優碘 (Iodine)

1. iodine 

   優碘 

2. If you get cut or scraped, you put this on, so you will not get infection. 

   如果你割傷或擦傷,你塗上優碘才不會感染。 

3. If you put this on a cut, it does not feel good. 

   假如你在割傷的傷口上塗上優碘會感覺不太舒服。 

4. I had this on me all the time when I was a child. 

   當我還是小孩子的時候,我總是常塗優碘。 

5. I know this well. 

   我對優碘很熟悉。 

6. I don’t like it. 

   但是我不喜歡它。

第3集 鑷子 (Tweezer)

1. This is a medical tool. 

   這是ㄧ項醫療工具。 

2. We call it a tweezer. 

   我們稱它為鑷子。 

3. In the tweezer, I am holding a cotton ball. 

   我夾了一顆棉球在鑷子上。 

4. If you have a cut or scrape, they use this and the tweezers to clean the infected site. 

   如果你割傷或擦傷了,人們會使用棉球還有鑷子去清理感染的部位。 

第4集 桌球 (Ping-Pong)

1. We are in the room where they practice playing ping-pong. 

   現在我們在一間教室裡,這是他們練習打桌球的地方。 

2. Some of the equipment in this room:ping-pong paddle, the table, the net on the table. 

   這間桌球室的一些設備有:桌球拍、球桌、球桌上的網子。 

3. There is a backstop for catching the balls. 

   還有用來擋球的擋球網。 

4. Over here is a machine that throws balls. 

   在這邊還有一臺機器是用來發球的。 

第5集 洗手 (Washing Hands)

1. Turn on the faucet.

   打開水龍頭。 

2. Rinse your hands. Get them wet.

   用水沖洗你的手把手弄溼。 

3. Take a bar of soap.

   拿起一塊香皂。 

4. Get it in your hands.

   把香皂放在你的手裡。

5. Wash your hands. Scrub them well.

  搓洗你的手徹底的把手搓洗乾淨。 

6. When you're done scrubbing, rinse off your hands.

   當你搓洗完畢,把你的手沖洗乾淨。

7. Rinse off the faucet, so there is no soap on the faucet.

   把水龍頭沖洗乾淨,如此一來,水龍頭上面就沒有香皂。

8. Shut the faucet off.

   關掉水龍頭。 

9. Shake your hands.

   甩甩你的手。 

10. Take a towel.

     拿一條毛巾。 

11. Dry your hands off.

     把你的手擦乾。

12. My hands are clean.

     我的手變乾淨了。

第6集 公共電話 (Pay Phone)

1. This is a pay phone.

   這是公共電話。 

2. If you’re outside, and you don’t have a cell phone.

   如果你人在外面,而且你沒有帶手機。 

3. And you need to make a phone call.

   而你又需要打一通電話。 

4. You can use a pay phone to make the call.

   你可以使用公共電話打電話。

5. Pick the telephone.

   拿起話筒。 

6. Place a coin in the slot.

   放一枚硬幣到投幣孔。 

7. Dial the number. Talk.

   撥號。說話。 

8. When you’re done the talking, hang up the phone.

   當你說完話時,掛上電話筒。 

第7集 鏡子 (Mirror)

1. The object behind me is a mirror.

   在我背後的物品是一面鏡子。 

2. Everyone uses a mirror. 

   每個人都會用到鏡子。 

3. You use it in the morning, when you wash your face and brush your teeth. 

   早上你會照鏡子,當你洗臉和刷牙的時候。 

4. If you’re a man like me, you also use it when you’re shaving. 

   如果你和我一樣是男生,當你刮鬍子時也會照鏡子。 

5. It’s used to check your personal grooming. 

   鏡子用來檢查你個人的裝扮。 

6. Is your hair combed right? 

   你的頭髮是否有梳整齊? 

7. If you’re a woman, is your hair nice? 

   如果妳是女人,妳的頭髮是否整齊? 

8. Is your make-up done properly? 

   妳化的妝是否洽當? 

9. Also, check out how well your clothes fit. 

   同時也檢查你的衣服是否合身? 

10. Everyone uses a mirror.  

     每個人都會用到鏡子。

第8集 賽跑開始前喊的口令 (Starting Commands)

1. At a sporting event in America, for grade school and junior high students when they wish  to start the athletes in a sporting event, they would say ready, set, go.

   在美國的運動比賽項目當中,在小學生和中學生的層級,當他們想要讓參賽的選手起跑時。 

2. At go, the athletes run.

   聽到go的時候,運動員就要起跑了。

3. At a formal event, high school, college or professional they would start the contestants by  saying on your mark, get set and then they would fire a pistol.

   在比較正式的比賽中,高中、大學或職業級,他們要參賽的選手起跑時會喊:各就各位、預備,然後他們會鳴槍。 

4. That would be your turn to go.

   那就是你應該要起跑的時候了。

第9集 包粽子 (Making Rice Dumpling)

1. The principal here at Dashin Elementary School is going to show how to make a rice dumpling.

大新國小的校長將要示範如何包粽子。

2. Start out with two bamboo leaves. Fold it in half. Bend it. Make a pocket.

首先拿起兩片粽葉。將粽葉對折。將粽葉折彎。做成漏斗狀。

3. You now have a pocket to put the ingredients in.

現在粽葉就有一個可以放入食材的空間了。

4. You take this rice and peanut mixture,which is sweet rice and fill about half of the pocket with rice mixture.

你舀取這些糯米和花生混合的糯米飯,並且裝填大約半個粽子的分量。

5. You then have a mixture of pork, dried shrimp, mushrooms.

然後舀一些豬肉、蝦米、香菇混和的料。

6. You put a small spoon full of that on top of the rice.

你取一小匙的混合料放在糯米上。

7. Pack it down a little bit.

將食材稍微往下壓。

8. And then,the fourth step.

然後,第四個步驟。

9. A little more rice on top of that. Spoon it down. You then bend in the sides. Fold it over the top.

再放進一些糯米在上面。用湯匙往下壓。然後將邊緣的粽葉往內折。對折後蓋住上方。

10. Last step will be to tie it up.

最後一個步驟是綁起來。

11. It looks easy. When you do it, it’s not.

這看起來很容易。但當你做的時候並非如此。

12. Looks like this you’re done. That’s better than the one that I did.

當你完成時,看起來就像是這個樣子。這一顆粽子比我包的還要好。

13. When you tie it up, make two wraps around the dumpling.

當你繫綁的時候,繞過粽子兩圈。

14. Pull it tight and they’ll tie a slip knot with the end sticking out, so when you want to eat it, you simply pull the string to untie it.

拉緊然後綁成一個活結,在末端留一段繩子讓它突出來,這樣當你要吃的時候,你只要從線一拉就可以解開粽子。

15. And now you have a completed rice dumpling.

現在你已經包好一顆粽子了。

第10集 無障礙坡道 (Wheelchair Ramp)

1. This is a wheelchair ramp. 

   這是無障礙坡道。 

2. In our country, we call it a handicap ramp. 

   在我們的國家我們稱它為殘障用坡道。 

3. It’s for people that are on a wheelchair or using crutches and have a hard time walking, so they can get upstairs. 

   這是為坐輪椅的人所設計,或是給使用拐杖不便走路的人所使用,以便們能夠上樓。